Saturday, April 16, 2016

Just a few things... (Pictures)


So sorry I haven't been posting much lately! Lots of stuff going on. So, Nyekundu is out a lot! Naji is too. I still believe that Naji is a female. I'm not certain, but her arms are a lot skinnier than Nyekundu, and I have never seen her throat (calling) pouch out.

They are so crazy about trying to escape! I decided to try and give them more enrichment, so I am now breeding Pillbugs that I find in my back yard. So far it's going good! I have captive bred babies! They aren't really a very good source of anything because they are small and very armory. But the toads love hunting them, and so far there has been no problems getting compacted.

Oh, the mites came back! But luckily I have IDed then (although I'm not certain) as a species of harmless mites called grain mites. Pretty much the worse they can do is make the toads itchy, which is just kinda like mosquitos to us.. Without all the crazy diseases. 

Ok, what else...... Oh.. Pictures! :) 
Here you go: 

Happy Easter from Naji! 


Naji looking cute

Nyekundu looking adorable! 


Naji hanging onto a tiny little ledge on the roof of the tank, trying to escape. She can actually pull herself out of the tank if I open the lid. Talk about upper body strength! 

Nyekundu lookin' big and mucley, haha



And, together pictures. Best friend's <3

Left-Naji.                      Right-Nyekundu. 

Left-Nyekundu                Right-Naji

Left-Naji.                      Right-Nyekundu

Toad Tower! 
Nyekundu is on top, Naji is in the bottom. I saw them in this position and had to take a picture! 


Oh. P.S. I got the toads a bigger water bowl. Now they can fully emerge if they wish to do so. I'm thinking about making an outdoor enclosure for summer time. (Of course they will be in it under supervision.) It would include a large area for foraging naturally, shade and hiding places, and hopefully a large pool. I don't want to encourage breeding, so they won't get to hang out in the pool together, but if they want to swim and feel natural for a while, they can feel free to do so. :) But we will see, It depends on what this summer will be like. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.