Saturday, April 30, 2016

One more thing about pillbugs.

Oh, another thing about pillbugs. Pillbug food! 
I recommend carrots, they last forever! (Not really forever, but....) I've had 2 carrots in my pill bug tank since the 16th (I believe,) of April. It's the 30th now! (2 weeks!) and the carrots aren't even "mushy" yet. Other than the pillbugs eating them, they haven't even begun decomposition yet! (That I can tell, lol) 
The baby pillbugs are going strong. They are starting to get their color and are a lot bigger. The toads are still enjoying them, but the pillbugs currently residing in the tank are getting wise, they know where the hiding places are. I'll have to start putting veggies in the tank to lure the pillbugs out, haha. The next nice dry sunny day we have, (if I remember) I'm going moth hunting. They will hide in the grass, leaf litter, under bark and in a few other places. After I've checked that, I'll start turning on our back porch light to grab up some more moths. During the summer my toads will be fed a very varied diet. During the winter the feedings will be a bit less varied, mostly consistin of store bought crickets and captive bred Pillbugs. 

Tomorrow is Sunday, from now on Sunday will be picture day, so check back tomorrow for more pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.